- Job type – Volunteer role
- Location – Re:Furnish Emporium in Saltburn
- Commitment – One full day (8am – 4pm).
Purpose of the role
To support the smooth running of Re:Furnish Emporium, a not-for-profit furniture reuse enterprise in Saltburn.
We are looking for volunteers to assist the van driver in the delivery and collection of furniture and goods and movement of furniture between the warehouse and showroom; volunteers will also assist with the preparation of goods for sale.
- Assist with the delivery and collection of furniture and household goods
- Safely lifting, handling and loading of goods to the van and properties, including heavy goods
- Moving furniture between warehouse and showroom
- Dealing with customers respectfully
- Assist with the completion of the required paperwork
- Cleaning of items as they arrive into warehouse
- Keep warehouse clean
- Prepare for deliveries
- Assist in other areas of Re:Furnish when requested
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by management.
Core skills required:
- Good communication skills
- Pleasant and friendly manner
- Be able to work as part of a friendly team
- Fit and able to cope with the physical demands of the role.
Please note – a practical assessment will take place before the role is offered to ensure the health and safety of yourself and our employees.
For more information please contact:
- Faye Daniels – Volunteer Coordinator
- 01642 837220 or 07817950354