Affordable rent
Secure tenancy
Reputable landlord
Community investment
High quality homes

Are you an EU resident and concerned about your right to remain in the UK after Brexit?

Thursday 12 November 2020

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

The EU Settlement Scheme protects the rights you currently have in the UK including access to healthcare, benefits and pensions. As a Beyond Housing customer, we want to ensure you feel supported through this so if you have any concerns please contact us or speak to the agencies listed at the bottom of this email.

Applying to the EU Settlement Scheme is essential for all EU citizens looking to remain in the UK. You will need to complete an application for settled status or pre-settled status, depending on how long you have been in the UK, which will provide you with the right to continue to rent your home.

It’s recommended you begin your application as soon as possible.

If you do not apply for the EU Settlement Scheme and you no longer have the right to rent your home, your tenancy will be at risk and it could mean you lose your home.

To complete your application, you will need to demonstrate that you are living in the UK. Beyond Housing may be able to help provide information that supports your application such as rent statements and tenancy agreements. If you require this information, please get in touch with us.

Accessing support

The POMOC project provides specialist support for Eastern European people living in the Scarborough and Whitby areas. This support is only available until Thursday 31 December 2020. Contact them for support with your application today:

Email: pomoc@scarcab.cabnet.org.uk
Telephone: 01723 368710
Facebook: @PomocProjectScarborough

Support is also available from the Government if you need help to complete your application and live outside the Scarborough and Whitby areas, including:

EU Settlement Resolution Centre

For questions about your application call 0300 123 7379.

Find out about call charges.

You can also ask a question using the online form.

Translated information

EU Settlement Scheme guidance and materials have been translated into 25 European languages and Welsh.find them here.

Assisted digital

This free service is available over the phone and in person if you do not have the right access, skills or confidence to complete the online application form. Contact We-Are-Digital by calling 03333 445 675.

To check availability of this service and for more information, visit the website.

ID document scanning service

This service is available to complete the proof of identity step if you do not have access to the EU Exit: ID Document Check app.

There may be an administrative fee to use this service. To check availability of this service and for more information, visit the website.

Community support

If you need more help with your application, you can contact a support organisation. For more information, visit the website.