COVID-19: Change to our repairs policy
Updated at 5pm on Tuesday 24 March 2020
Following the escalated government ‘stay at home’ instructions on Monday 23 March, we have made a series of changes to our operations in order to substantially reduce the risk to our colleagues, whilst balancing the commitments to our customers. The changes, detailed below, are effective Tuesday 24 March.
- Maintaining our 24/7 emergency repairs and call-out services ensuring our customers are safe in their homes
- Carrying out fire safety visual inspections to minimise the risks to our residents
- Urgent estate environmental works to ensure our neighbourhoods continue to be safe and do not compromise public health
- Supporting our communities and partners in assisting with the current crisis wherever safety concerns allow
- Using a risk-based approach to safely suspend our gas and other routine servicing programmes.
- All routine repairs
- All work in void properties other than capping off gas supplies and ensuring they are secure
- All planned maintenance work
- All capital programme works
- Routine grounds maintenance work.
If our colleagues have to come into your home for an emergency repair they will be wearing protective clothing which may include gloves, masks and overalls. We would ask that you and your family remain in a separate room to our colleagues whilst they are in your home and let them use your bathroom facilities to wash their hands to maintain good hygiene.
At this time our main priority is our customers’ and our colleagues’ safety and we thank you in advance for your understanding, patience and co-operation.