N/A per annum
Casual / Relief
Friday 21 February 2020
Relief Coastcall Responder
We currently have an opportunity for someone who is passionate about working with our elderly and vulnerable Coastcall Customers, to join our Independent Living team as a Relief Responder covering out of hours standbys in Whitby. The working pattern for the vacancy is a relief standby position, which is worked from home.
Overnight standbys are Monday to Friday 5.00pm – 8.30am. Standby payment is £30.36 plus additional call out fee per call out and paid mileage.
Or either Saturday or Sunday 8.30am till 8.30am (24 hours). Standby payment is £46.49 plus additional call out fee per call out and paid mileage.
Each standby covered will be paid the standby rate plus an additional amount per call out, mileage will be paid at 45p per mile.
Coastcall supports 2500 vulnerable people to remain living independently and safely in their own home, and the role involves some of the following key tasks:
- Providing emergency response visits, for example assisting a customer in the event of a fall at home, or providing support and re-assurance to customers if they are unwell or are in need of assistance
- Installation of a range of assistive technology equipment and undertaking maintenance and repair activity in an emergency
- Collecting and maintaining accurate customer information to support a person centred, quality service to our customers
- Providing information and advice to our customers.
The successful applicant will be forward thinking, solution focused and champion the services offered through Coastcall. They will have the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, using initiative and building strong relationships across the service area and with partner organisations.
Please contact Samantha Wade, Team Leader (Responder Services) on 01723 343425 or Emma Close-Reid, Independent Living Manager on 01723 343015 for an informal discussion about the role.
We are not working with recruitment agencies on this vacancy.
Who is Beyond Housing?
Our story began in 2018 and we’d like you to be part of our future. With over 700 colleagues forming the Beyond Housing family, we cover 411 square miles with more than 15,000 homes, serving 30,000 customers. Our mission is simple; to provide homes customers want, services they value, delivered by people who care. We want to help our customers and communities to succeed and thrive. Considerate, collaborative, ambitious and accountable – that’s just our way of life.
Our offices are more than just the space we work in. We encourage inspiration, creativity and productivity in a relaxed and comfortable environment. We’re looking for people who are travelling in the same direction when it comes to the way we work, live our values and deliver our services. Our reward and recognition offer is pretty impressive too!
We have ambitious plans for further growth and impact, and we need the right people to take this leap with us. It may be challenging at times, but you can be assured that it is going to be rewarding and inspiring. After all, we are changing lives, every day, in all that we do.
Why choose us?
The team here at Beyond Housing genuinely care about the work we do to transform the lives of our customers. We think this is a pretty big reason to love your career at Beyond Housing, and that’s why our benefits package shows Beyond Housing genuinely cares about its teams too.
Our people are our best asset, so we want to make sure your wellbeing is the best it can be. Our responsibilities as an employer extend beyond the workplace, we want to make sure we can help and support you when you need it most.
So here goes:
- Flexible working patterns to suit your commitments
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Impressive salaries with incremental pay increases for most colleagues
- Competitive pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Life assurance to look after your loved ones
- Health cash plan
- A much needed caffeine boost with free tea and coffee (and cordial for when you’re feeling parched)
- Cycle to work scheme (if you’ve got the legs for it)
- Annual cost of living pay rise
- Agile working – to give you that positive work life balance.