Redcar or Scarborough
£24,798 - £29,965 per annum
Permanent - Full Time
Monday 30 November -0001
Be our first Finance Graduate appointee. We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Finance team. All we ask is that you have a passion for finance whether your background is business, accounting or finance.
Your salary will be from £24,798 potentially rising up to £29,965, subject to agreed pay awards and based on satisfactory progression and completion of the CIMA or ACCA qualification.
Our Finance team plays a pivotal role in the success of our business by providing insight, challenge and delivery of robust, high quality financial information.
Study support will be provided for you by way of a learning agreement to achieve ACCA/CIMA, which will include college day release.
The programme will cover all aspects of the finance team including; financial services, management accounts, treasury, payroll and financial planning; providing you with a firm foundation of all key financial systems and financial procedures.
You will learn from our highly experienced finance professionals and you'll gain a wide variety of skills and experiences required to succeed in the world of finance.
You will be provided with a dedicated mentor who can provide you with leadership and management support to compliment your finance journey.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Ambitious, focussed and interested in the social housing sector with a commitment to completing the CIMA/ACCA qualification, which the organisation will support
- A keen advocate of all things financial and can translate that passion and excitement to others
- An excellent communicator, who is able to explain complex concepts to non-financial users
- A team player with the ability to support others with enthusiasm, credibility and a commitment to our vision and values.
Finance Graduate requirements:
- A degree with target classification of 2:1 or higher in relevant subject
- Can challenge our current ways of working and bring new ideas and approaches to our organisation
- Can formulate opinions by thinking both analytically and critically about problems.
- Strong computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Excel, proficient in the use of VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prepare, present and articulate clear and accurate information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an approachable and engaging style
- Ability to act with the highest levels of integrity at all times, to demonstrate and present a professional and objective approach
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Previous accounts knowledge would be beneficial, but not essential
Our values are extremely important to us and we want all our colleagues to really live our values each day. We are looking for candidates who can show they have the skills to apply themselves to the role - ensuring they are aligned to our values at all times.
Internal candidates must discuss a secondment with their line manager before applying for this role.
Caroline Dunn is our Management Accountant, so if you fancy a chat about this opportunity, why not give her a call on 07773 008655.
We are not working with recruitment agencies on this vacancy. We will close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
Who is Beyond Housing?
Our story began in 2018 and we’d like you to be part of our future. With over 700 colleagues forming the Beyond Housing family, we cover 411 square miles with more than 15,000 homes, serving 30,000 customers. Our mission is simple; to provide homes customers want, services they value, delivered by people who care. We want to help our customers and communities to succeed and thrive. Considerate, collaborative, ambitious and accountable – that’s just our way of life.
Our offices are more than just the space we work in. We encourage inspiration, creativity and productivity in a relaxed and comfortable environment. We’re looking for people who are travelling in the same direction when it comes to the way we work, live our values and deliver our services. Our reward and recognition offer is pretty impressive too!
We have ambitious plans for further growth and impact, and we need the right people to take this leap with us. It may be challenging at times, but you can be assured that it is going to be rewarding and inspiring. After all, we are changing lives, every day, in all that we do.
Our values and extremely important to us and we want all our colleagues to really live our values everyday, we are looking for candidates who show they have the skills to do the role and are aligned to our values.
At Beyond Housing, we are committed to ensuring that all applicants are treated fairly throughout our recruitment and selection processes and are not discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Why choose us?
The team here at Beyond Housing genuinely care about the work we do to transform the lives of our customers. We think this is a pretty big reason to love your career at Beyond Housing, and that’s why our benefits package shows Beyond Housing genuinely cares about its teams too.
Our people are our best asset, so we want to make sure your wellbeing is the best it can be. Our responsibilities as an employer extend beyond the workplace, we want to make sure we can help and support you when you need it most.
So here goes:
- Flexible working patterns to suit your commitments
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Impressive salaries with incremental pay increases for most colleagues
- Competitive pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Life assurance to look after your loved ones
- Health plan
- A much needed caffeine boost with free tea and coffee (and cordial for when you’re feeling parched)
- Cycle to work scheme (if you’ve got the legs for it)
- Annual cost of living pay rise
- Agile working – to give you that positive work life balance.
- Rather not work the normal 9 - 5? If you have a working pattern that you would prefer, please discuss this with us and we might be able to support.
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|