£18,367 - £19,651 per annum
Temporary - Full Time
Monday 30 September 2019
Team Support Assistant
We are looking for an enthusiastic and well-organised person to join our Communities team.
Purpose of the role:
- Provide a range of administrative support to the housing team, including maintaining and updating records, arranging appointments, liaising with customers, responding to enquiries and providing advice on services, and dealing with internal and external enquiries made through all methods of communication
- Administration of North Yorkshire Home Choice choice based lettings system
- Work as part of a team providing a generic housing management service in line with the policies and targets adopted by Beyond Housing
- Ensure that all customers and callers are extended a pleasant and professional manner and enquiries are dealt with effectively and in accordance with our Customer Care Policy
- Assist other officers within Beyond Housing with a range of administrative tasks including reception duties
- Deal sensitively with information and maintain client and departmental confidentiality
- Work both as part of a team and individually without the need for constant or frequent supervision
- Work on several tasks at one time and use own initiative to prioritise workload.
It is essential that the candidate has:
- Experience of using IT systems, good keyboard skills
- Effective communication skills, experience of dealing with customers, a calm and cheerful manner and experience of telephone handling and upholding confidentiality
- Ability to organise own workload, assimilate information quickly and logically and work as part of a team
- A good understanding of Beyond Housing and all its services.
Please contact Tanya Dove or Lyn Hill on 0345 065 5656 for an informal discussion about the role.
We are not working with recruitment agencies on this vacancy.
Internal candidates must discuss a secondment with their current line manager prior to application.
Who are Beyond Housing?
Our story began in 2018 and we’d like you to be part of our future. With over 700 colleagues forming the Beyond Housing family, we cover 411 square miles with more than 15,000 homes, serving 30,000 customers. Our mission is simple; to provide homes customers want, services they value, delivered by people who care. We want to help our customers and communities to succeed and thrive. Considerate, collaborative, ambitious and accountable – that’s just our way of life.
Our offices are more than just the space we work in. We encourage inspiration, creativity and productivity in a relaxed and comfortable environment. We’re looking for people who are travelling in the same direction when it comes to the way we work, live our values and deliver our services. Our reward and recognition offer is pretty impressive too!
We have ambitious plans for further growth and impact, and we need the right people to take this leap with us. It may be challenging at times, but you can be assured that it is going to be rewarding and inspiring. After all, we are changing lives, every day, in all that we do.
Why choose us?
The team here at Beyond Housing genuinely care about the work we do to transform the lives of our customers. We think this is a pretty big reason to love your career at Beyond Housing, and that’s why our benefits package shows Beyond Housing genuinely cares about its teams too.
Our people are our best asset, so we want to make sure your wellbeing is the best it can be. Our responsibilities as an employer extend beyond the workplace, we want to make sure we can help and support you when you need it most.
So here goes:
- Flexible working patterns to suit your commitments
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Impressive salaries with incremental pay increases for most colleagues
- Competitive pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Life assurance to look after your loved ones
- Health cash plan (coming soon)
- A much-needed caffeine boost with free tea and coffee (and cordial for when you’re feeling parched)
- Cycle to work scheme (if you’ve got the legs for it)
- Annual cost of living pay rise
- Agile working – to give you that positive work-life balance.