We have a dedicated team to help you understand how to:
- Keep your rent up to date
- Check that you are claiming all the benefits that you are entitled to
- Complete benefit forms, as well as helping you with backdated claims
- Manage your money and deal with debt
- Get home contents insurance – we will assist with finding you the best deal and helping you apply
- Open a bank or savings account, and how to find the best one for you
- Get the best deal for loans and which grants are available to you
- Save money on gas and electricity and reduce your bills
- Contact other agencies that may be able to help you further, such as the Citizens Advice Bureau
- Search for a job and training
- Stay informed on the government’s welfare reforms including Universal Credit
- Find good deals to furnish your home.
If you would like help with managing your money, please call us on 0345 065 5656.
The Money Advice Service has a free budget planner to put you in control of your household spending.
If you do find yourself in financial difficulty, and are having trouble paying the rent or other bills, please speak to us as soon as possible. The quicker you let us know, the quicker we can help.