Other options available to meet your needs
We are committed to undertaking adaptations to support you in your current homes, and to making best use of our housing stock.
Where a request is made for an adaptation or for permission for the adaptation to be completed, consideration will be given to:
- Whether your assessed needs can be met through a move to more suitable accommodation through the
housing application process
- Whether you would be interested in/meet the criteria
for one of our supported living schemes.
Information about other services
Information about a range of services you may find useful can be found on:
Frequently asked questions
- What adaptations do you carry out?
The following adaptations are examples of work which can be undertaken if there is an assessed need:
Grab rails and handrails | bannisters | half steps | lever taps | additional sockets | additional lights | key safes | ramps | door widening.
- How long will my adaptation take?
The following targets for completing adaptations are in place:
- Referrals involving hospital discharge or palliative care – three working days
- Urgent referrals – 10* working days
- Adaptation without delay (AWD) – 10* working days
- Normal referral – 20* working days.
* Targets are subject to the complexity of the adaptation and whether we can carry out the works ourselves or if a specialist contractor is required.