How to report a hate crime
A hate crime is when the victim thinks a crime happened because of who they are. The crime happens because of a person’s prejudice about the victim. The prejudice may be about the victim’s:
- Disability – this can be people who need support walking, hearing, seeing or learning
- Race – this can be people who come from other countries and cultures, who may live in a different way or have a different skin colour
- Religion or belief – their beliefs may mean they have to eat certain foods or dress in a certain way
- Age – young and old
- Sexual orientation
- Transgender identity.
You can report hate crime in the following ways:
- Via our online report form below (please select ‘report hate crime’ in the options below, fill in your details and a member of the team will be in touch
- In writing to any of our housing offices
- By visiting us at any of our housing offices
- By phoning our 24 hour service centre on 0345 065 5656
- By phoning 101 to report it to the police.