Peace of mind at an affordable cost
We recommend all our customers take out home contents insurance and we like to make things as easy as possible for you.
With prices starting from as little as 41p per week, no excess to pay if you need to make a claim and new for old cover.
If you need more information, take a look at our home contents insurance booklet?
Are you covered?
We insure the structure of your home. Take out home contents insurance to cover what’s inside your home, such as your furniture and personal belongings. Replacing the contents of your home could prove very expensive.
Insure your belongings against things like fire, theft, flooding and accidental damage. We work with the UK’s largest insurer to offer home contents insurance with a range of payment options.
Frequently asked questions about contents insurance
Looking for information on our home contents insurance? Browse our useful list of FAQs to find the answers you need.
- What is contents insurance?
Beyond Housing recommend that all customers take out home contents insurance to protect their clothing, electricals, furniture and more against damage or theft. Home contents insurance provides essential cover for the belongings and valuables inside your home against unforeseen events such as fires or flooding. With our home contents insurance, you can enjoy peace of mind, knowing that your possessions are protected by us with our comprehensive cover.
- What is covered in my home contents insurance?
When you take out home contents insurance with Beyond Housing, your household goods and contents will be insured whilst in your home against events such as fire, theft or flooding. Our home contents insurance also covers the theft of your keys and the contents in your freezer in addition to personal liability cover. However, accidental damage and cover away from the home will not be covered as standard. A full accidental damage option and other options to ensure your personal belongings, hearing aids and motorised wheelchairs will be available at an additional cost.
- How much does home contents insurance cost?
When it comes to Beyond Housing home contents insurance cost, prices start from as little as 32p per week with no excess to pay if you need to make a claim, affordable cover that you can depend on.
- What are the benefits of home contents insurance?
- No excess to pay: if you should need to make a claim at any point there is no excess to pay with Beyond Housing, unlike with other insurance policies
- New for old cover: All of your belongings will be covered by our policy on a “new for old” basis, with the exception of linen and clothing which will be replaced at their current cost and for slightly less for wear and tear
- Various payment options: We work with the UK’s largest insurer, Aviva Insurance Limited to offer you a range of affordable payment options. Instalments can be paid on either a weekly or monthly basis to offer the flexibility you need
- Low minimum sums insured: Where other companies may set a lower limit for contents cover, Beyond Housing offers low minimum sums to protect even your lower value items
- No need for a bank account: You can be set up with our convenient Home Contents Insurance without a bank account, for a convenient solution that works around you
- Optional extra covers available (for an additional cost): For an additional cost you can secure full accidental damage cover as well as a range of other contents cover options to ensure your household goods are protected.
- How do I apply for home contents insurance?
To apply for our home contents insurance, take a few minutes to fill in our online application form making sure that sections are completed accurately. We will then review individual applications and contact you as soon as possible to let you know if your application was approved and keep you updated on the proceedings that will follow.
- When will my contents cover policy start?
We will inform you that you have been accepted onto the scheme and send the written details of your insurance payments to you including the date that you should start paying. You will be notified in writing if for any reason you have not been accepted into the scheme.
- What if I don’t keep up with my payments?
If you’re worried about staying up to date with payments, contact a member of our team as soon as possible to see how we can help. Your policy may be cancelled if your premium payments fall into arrears and you may not be able to make a claim unless your payments are up to date so be sure to stay on track to avoid any penalties.
- How do I make a claim?
If you wish to make a claim on your home contents insurance, you can contact the insurer directly, Crawford & Co. Their phone number is 0161 875 8988.
You will need to provide your details, then Beyond Housing will be contacted by Crawford & Co to verify your policy details.