Enable Recite

My tenancy

Your tenancy agreement is a legal contract which details the agreement between you (the tenant) and us (your landlord). It’s an important document, so make sure you keep it safe.

It includes:

  • The services you can expect from us
  • Your rights
  • Your responsibilities.

Once you have signed your tenancy agreement you must keep to its terms and conditions.

Tenancy types

Your tenancy agreement will show what kind of tenancy you have:

The majority of our customers will be offered an assured tenancy which will give you the right to remain in your property for the rest of your life as long as you keep to the terms and conditions of your tenancy agreement which includes paying your rent, not causing any anti social behaviour and looking after your property

We can only end an assured tenancy if we have served you with a notice and been granted a court order.

We will offer this tenancy type in line with our Empty Homes Scheme where the property is leased from the owner, this agreement outlines the length of lease left on the property.

We will offer this to customers moving into schemes where a property is identified for allocation to vulnerable customers where support and services with the local authority are in place.

Tenancy agreements can be signed by one person as a sole tenancy or shared between two people as a joint tenancy.

Your responsibilities

Living in your home Living in your home

Living in your home

What we expect What we expect

What we expect

Support services Support services

Support services

Ending your tenancy Ending your tenancy

Ending your tenancy

Other tenancy questions

You can only transfer your tenancy if:

  • There is an order from the court following divorce or separation
  • We approve a mutual exchange.

If there is a joint tenancy, the surviving tenant will retain their existing rights and take on a sole tenancy. We will need to consider whether the size of property still meets the needs of your family. If you take on a tenancy after the tenant has died and the property is too big for your household, we may ask you to move to a smaller property.