Welcoming you back to our reception areas
Updated at 9.00am on Monday 10 May 2021
We’re delighted to welcome you back! This is the first stage of reopening our reception areas to customers and includes our offices at Brook House, Scarborough and Ennis Square, Redcar only.
We will initially be running the reduced opening hours of 10am – 2pm Monday to Friday.
There will be increased hygiene measures to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of both you and our colleagues. When entering our reception area, we will ask you to:
- Wear a face covering, if you are unable to do so please contact us to make alternative arrangements
- Limit reception to three visitors at any one time
- Sanitise your hands
- Follow social distancing by staying 2m apart from other people
Our reception team have been equipped with PPE such as masks and gloves. Please also note:
- You will need to ensure you stand 2m away from the desk when speaking to them
- The toilets at both offices will remain closed to the public
- Reception areas will be cleaned regularly and cleaning materials will be provided for you to wipe down surfaces and devices before and after use
- To minimise any waiting time in reception, there will only be up to three visitors allowed in at any one time.
Many Beyond Housing colleagues continue to work remotely, therefore if you need to see a specific colleague please make an appointment beforehand by contacting us on one of the methods below.
Our colleagues are still on hand to provide support and answer any queries you may have via the contact methods below.
- Due to COVID-19, we are taking digital payments only
- If you used to pay your rent in cash, now is the ideal time to set up an alternative payment method:
If you need to pay cash, you can do this at your nearest PayPoint or Post Office. You will need a rent card or an Allpay payment card and your personal reference number (PRN).
Repairs to your home
The delivery of our services has been risk assessed to ensure they are COVID-secure for you and our colleagues, these rules allow us to continue to deliver important services such as repairs and maintenance, independent and supported living services and vital health and safety checks on your home.
Our repairs and maintenance services are run in a COVID-secure way that ensures the safety of you and our colleagues. If we are working in or visiting your home we will:
- Check you (and members of your household) are not self-isolating and do not have symptoms of the virus before we come into your home
- Make sure we socially distance when in your home
- Limit contact with you and your household, asking you to move into another room to where we’re working
- Wear a face covering and ask you to as well where possible
- Make sure we wash and sanitise our hands regularly
- Clean the area we’re working in when we arrive and again when we’ve completed the work.
Please note: Our flooring contractor and supplier have reduced their operations during the current lockdown. Appointments will once again be available for this service when the situation changes.
The Government rules on social distancing must be followed during all appointments to ensure our services remain safe and COVID-secure for both you and our colleagues. If at any time our colleagues feel unsafe or the social distancing rule is broken, they will leave your home before the work has been completed and you will need to rearrange the appointment.
Please remember you must allow us access to carry out essential safety checks such as your gas safety check – these are required by law.
We continue to monitor the developing situation and follow all advice issued by the Government – we will provide a further update if this changes. Thank you for your support in keeping one another safe.
As the situation continues to develop, we may have to make more changes to our services. We will update our website, social media, Me & My Home and email you if this happens. If you have yet to sign up for email updates from us you can complete this form to request this. You can also receive updates by registering for an account on our online customer portal, Me & My Home.
We thank you for your understanding and co-operation during these difficult times and your continued support in keeping one another safe.