The View, Loftus
We’re delighted to bring you a collection of new build homes for supported living in the town of Loftus.
Nestled within the Hummersea Hills estate, The View is located to the north of Loftus, just two miles from the coastline. It’s a great time to join the Loftus community – the town has just been awarded £5.8m in government funding to revamp its high street, alongside £124,100 to develop a wooded area next to Hummersea Hills into a woodland park. The park aims to connect local people to nature and will include a specialist area for people with dementia.
Part of the successful Redcare partnership between Beyond Housing and Redcar & Cleveland Council, The View will provide much-needed accommodation for older people and those with vulnerabilities in the East Cleveland area.
A total of 43 homes, including 9 apartments, 10 houses and 24 bungalows, will operate using the latest digital assistive technologies to support safety, wellbeing and quality of life.
Completion of the scheme
The final completion of the scheme is anticipated in autumn 2023. This includes:
- 5 one bedroom apartments
- 2 one bedroom bariatric apartments
- 2 two bedroom apartments
- 10 one bedroom houses
- The supported living community hub.
The key features of the homes are:
- A modern kitchen fitted with vinyl flooring, wall and base units, work bench with space for a cooker, washing machine and fridge freezer
- Level access shower
- Lounge and master bedroom fitted with TV and telephone points
- Level access to front and rear wheelchair accessible doorways
- Digital assistive technology included as standard.