Warm Home Discount Scheme 2022/23
Friday 23 September 2022
You may qualify for £150 off your electricity bill this winter with the Warm Home Discount Scheme.
Some changes have been made to the scheme this year:
- The amount has increased from £140 to £150
- The criteria have changed and the Government now expects that up to 750,000 more people will qualify
- Most people will no longer have to apply as the payment will be automatic.
As before, there are two groups of people who will receive the payment.
- All pensioners who get Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit)
- People on most means-tested benefits (including Universal Credit, Income Support, Housing Benefit, Pension Credit (Savings Credit), and some people on Tax Credits) who also meet a High Energy Costs test.
Ofgem says, ‘If you are eligible, you should receive a letter from Government in November and December. In most cases, you will not need to do anything. Some people may be asked to contact a government helpline to confirm their eligibility.’