It can cause physiological stress on the body
There is an increased risk of slips and trips
Added stress on your heart and lungs
An increased risk of contracting coughs, colds, and flu viruses
It can bring on migraines
It can cause seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
More likely to feel isolated and lonely
It can make it more difficult to fall asleep
Our commitment to your health and safety during flu season
At Beyond Housing, we are committed to providing you with a quality service while prioritising your health and safety. As part of this commitment, we are taking additional precautions to minimise the risk of spreading airborne viruses during this cold and flu season.
I have no heating or hot water
- The condensate pipes might be frozen. Run warm water on them
- Ensure you have credit on your gas and electric meters
- Is your meter showing any error codes?
- Make sure your thermostat is on and turned up.
My electrics aren’t working
- Check you have credit on your electric meter
- Check your appliances; make sure sockets/fuse spurs are switched on
- Check if there is a problem with your neighbours’ electrics
- Make sure there isn’t a power cut in the area.
I can see condensation or damp
- Try not to dry clothes on the radiators and ensure the property is heated
- Make sure vents on windows are open so the property is aired
- If it persists, report it to us.
I have a leak
- Locate your stop tap and turn it off
- Find where the leak is coming from
- Check it’s actually a leak and not condensation
- If it’s a leak, report it to us.
My shower isn’t working
- Check the pull cord is working by seeing if the light is on. If the light has gone out but the shower is still working then it’s simply the light
- If there is no water coming out, check other taps have a flow of water
- If it still doesn’t work, report it to us.