- Allow our registered engineers into your home to carry out the oil safety check. The check should take no longer than an hour and a half. Failure to allow us access to your home is a breach of your tenancy, and could result in you losing your home
- Ensuring the oil is stored safely
- Report any known problems with your oil installation or a strong smell of oil
- Do not allow the oil tank to become completely empty as this could cause problems when restarting the appliance after refilling it
- Test your carbon monoxide alarm on a regular basis, at least monthly
- Ensure no naked flames such are BBQ’s or open fires are within close proximity to the oil tank or supply pipework
- Only refill your oil tank using the correct grade of fuel that is suitable for your boiler ensuring that it is purchased from a recognised and approved supplier
- Report any oil spills to us immediately by calling 0345 065 5656.