Affordable rent
Secure tenancy
Reputable landlord
Community investment
High quality homes

Ending my tenancy

We really value all of our tenants and we’d hate to see you leave. Why not give us a call on 0345 065 5656, there may be something we can do so you decide to stay.

Have you considered swapping your home? Homeswapper can help you to swap your home with other social tenants. You may want to swap your home for many reasons, such as needing more (or less) space, moving for work or to be closer to family. It’s a great option if you can’t access or don’t want to wait for the normal allocation process. It gives you more control and means you’re able to choose a home that suits your needs better in a place you want to live.

Ending my tenancy

You must give us at least four weeks written notice to end your tenancy (please remember your tenancy starts on a Monday and ends on a Sunday). You will be responsible for your rent during your four week notice period. Either tenant of a joint tenancy can end the full tenancy.

You must not move out of your home without telling us first. You will need to fill in a form – please contact us regarding this.

You must make sure you:

  • Complete all of the form
  • Let us know why you want to end your tenancy
  • Provide the address you are moving to
  • Sign and date the form.

Your notice to end your tenancy is not valid until you return your form to us, fully completed and signed.  

I’ve ended my tenancy, what happens next?

We will arrange for an inspection and discuss what you must do before you return your keys. We may ask you to let us carry out small repairs before your tenancy ends.

When someone has passed away 

If you are dealing with a relative or friend’s tenancy because they have passed away, please tell us straight away, we’re here to help.

General information and advice

If you arrange to sell any items in your property to the new customer, this is completely independent of Beyond Housing and we will not be held liable or responsible for any items that are damaged or removed.

If you have arranged for the council to remove any bulky items after you have vacated the property, you will need to supply the date of collection to us. If the items are not collected by this date you will be charged for the removal.